County Historical Society, Inc.
& Hawley Genealogical Research Center
Osage County Cemeteries
Click HERE for Osage County cemetery locator map
Some cemeteries have alternate names, old names or nicknames. You’ll see those names in parenthesis. Click on cemetery name to view interments.
Arvonia - Click for the Arvonia cemetery map.
Barclay – Click for the Barclay cemetery map.
Burlingame (Osage) - Established in 1866, Burlingame has nearly 7,000 interments. Click for the
- 1/2 mile south of 268 Highway and Ratner Road. A. L. Morris stone only one remaining in the front yard of Peiman home.
- 2 miles north of Overbrook on private land
Highland (Dodder)…not the same as a similar name in
The “Old Burlingame Cemetery” was established in 1855 by the founders of Council City and is located just southwest of the present day intersection of K-31/Hoch Rd (on private property). Most (not all) interments were moved to the present “New Burlingame Cemetery” location prior to 1880.
- From US 75 and 181st, go east 3 miles (past Berryton Road 1/2 mile, road curves north to stone house) headstones in front yard.
– Private cemetery south of Lyndon
Data in the BurlingameCemetery.pdf file found on this site was compiled
and edited by John Hill (
Topeka Genealogical Society’s “Osage County Kansas Cemeteries, 1996”
Linda Fagan (
John Hill (Lyndon, Kansas)